talkSPORT has teamed up with discovery+ to give one lucky listener a chance to win a countryside getaway with their mates!
This is to celebrate the launch of Vinnie Jones In The Country, streaming exclusively on discovery+ from 20th November. Football legend Vinnie Jones is bulldozing into pastures new and putting down roots in the British countryside. Find out what happens as he takes on 2,000 acres of West Sussex and some ambitious renovations with the help of his ‘crazy gang’ including builder Wobbly and PA Emma.
discovery+ is the streaming home of real-life entertainment plus some of the most exciting live sports events. Stream eye-opening documentaries, must-see reality, exclusive originals, UEFA Champions League, Premiership Rugby, NBA and more.
One lucky winner and three friends will receive a relaxing three-night break in a beautiful countryside location. Take your pick from some of the UK’s finest rural escapes and receive three nights’ accommodation in a five-star hotel, along with incredible activities and dining! Enjoy a helicopter ride and your choice of private yoga, off-road driving, quad biking, or clay pigeon shooting! Indulge in an unforgettable dining experience at the hotel’s restaurant and receive £500 in spending money for your trip of a lifetime!
If you’d like to win this amazing prize, we’re looking for players to compete on talkSPORT Drive where you’ll have 60 seconds to answer questions about Vinnie Jones and his career. On Friday, the two players with the highest score will come back on air for a quick-fire round where the winner will claim the prize!
If you’d like to play, register your details below and you could be joining talkSPORT Drive on-air (1600-1900). Players will be randomly selected to play every day from Monday 20th – Thursday 23rd November and the final round will be on Friday 24th November with the top two players.
Entries close 23rd November 2023 at 11am. 18+ UK residents only (excludes ROI). Full T&Cs can be found below the entry form.
discovery+ COMPETITION (THE “PROMOTION”) ONLINE RULES:
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Phoning, texting or emailing to enter the Promotion or completing and submitting an entry form will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published by the Promoter (including on social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
- Residents of the United Kingdom (excluding the Republic of Ireland) aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter or Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited, and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third-party sponsors or promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Promotion dates are Monday 13 November 2023 00.01 AM – Thursday 23rd November 2023 11.00 AM (Promotion Period). Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be void. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period. You must be over 18 to enter.
- To enter you must complete and submit the entry form available at https://talksport.com/competitions/ during the Promotion Period only. Entrants will then be randomly selected to go on air and play the competition on-air on talkSPORT Drive (4pm – 7pm Monday – Friday). In the event of a tie-break, the promoter will announce the method of deciding the final winner in talkSPORT drive.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
- There will be 1 prize winner. There will be no other prizes for other participants or runners-up.
The winner will receive the following prize, the prize package for 4 adults includes:
- Return train travel from mainland UK rail stations to chosen location
- Return private station transfers in chosen location
- 3 nights’ 5* hotel accommodation in winner’s choice of countryside location in the UK, including:
o The Tawny, Staffordshire (based on sharing two lookout lodges with private deck and outdoor spa bath)
o The Gilpin, Lake District (based on sharing two garden suites with private deck and hot tub)
o Whatley Manor, Cotswolds (based on sharing two standard rooms, including spa access during stay)
o Chewton Glen, New Forest (based on sharing two Garden Hotel rooms, including private terrace/balcony and spa access during stay)
- Daily breakfast
- 12-mile helicopter flight in chosen location, including return transfers
- Activities of winner’s choice in local area, to the total value of £300 per person. Choices include quad biking, clay pigeon shooting, private yoga session, high ropes, kayaking (exact offerings depend on location chosen). This should cover 1 x high-cost activity (eg. 4×4 off-roading, horse riding) and 2x lower-cost activities (eg. bike hire, kayaking).
- Three-course dinner and drinks at the hotel restaurant, to the value of £150 per person including service charge
- £500 spending money (winner only)
- Winner management
Prize package for 4 adults includes:
Return train travel from mainland UK rail stations to chosen location; Return private station transfers in chosen location; 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in winner’s choice of countryside location in the UK, from a choice of four locations (Staffordshire, Lake District, Cotswolds, New Forest), with a five-star rating, based on sharing two double or twin rooms, including daily breakfast; 12-mile helicopter flight in chosen location, including return transfers; Activities of winner’s choice in the chosen location, to the total value of £300 per person; Three-course dinner and drinks at the hotel restaurant, provided to a maximum value of £150 per person including service charge; £500 spending money (winner only).
Standard train travel available from mainland UK rail stations only; Train travel will be selected by Prize Provider and not all routings will be available; A valid credit or debit card per room will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation; Hotel accommodation is based on two adults sharing one double or twin room; Hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion; Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable; No cash alternative is available; All prize elements are subject to availability; The prize cannot be taken from 21st December – 2nd January (Christmas and New Year), over UK bank holidays or over Easter Sunday; The prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended; At least two travellers must be aged 18 or over; For helicopter experience, minimum age is 6 years and under 12s must be accompanied by an adult, maximum height is 6ft 2in, maximum weight is 14 stone, not suitable for guests who are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy or vertigo; The prize excludes meals and drinks (except where stated above), excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, insurance, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize.
Personal details required for prize redemption.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control (e.g. Covid restrictions) the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award the replacement prize.
- By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an as is basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winners will be notified by phone or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 7 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another entrant from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period.
- The Promoter shall not be liable to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on air. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 7 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be confirmed within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
- For a list of winners (name and general location) please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to the Promoter at: Promotions Department, Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited, 1 London Bridge Street, London, England, SE1 9GF stating that you would like the winner details for the “discovery+ Vinnie Jones” Promotion.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Participant’s names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are a winner of the Promotion in accordance with the regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, we may also make free use of this information and participant’s photographs for publicity purposes both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any of its associated or subsidiary companies. This includes making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests may also be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participant’s entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of making a phone call, sending an entry by post, email or text, is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited, its affiliates, the programme producers and/or the Promoter may amend or withdraw any element of a competition, prize draw, vote or poll for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the vote, poll, competition or prize draw entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, public health concern in relation to potential infection, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited, its affiliates, the programme producers and/or the Promoter are not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the “Website”).
- If you are a resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland), and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland).
- The promoter of this Promotion is Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited, of 1 London Bridge Street, London, England, SE1 9GF (the “Promoter”). Full T&Cs apply – see here