An easy risotto recipe baked in the oven. The ultimate comfort food this Winter!
I’ve been making Baked Risotto for years now. Once you try it there really is no going back.
Rather than standing over the stove adding ladels of stock to the rice, you can bung it all in the oven instead. So much easier!
It all started with this Baked Cheese & Tomato Risotto Recipe and I’ve been making different variations ever since.
This is my mushroom version. For full disclosure my kids did not like it. They hate mushrooms!
But I thought there might be some mushrooms loving families out there who will enjoy it.
Start by adding chopped mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to a baking dish with oil, onion and garlic.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Add risotto rice and hot vegetable stock. It’s really important that the stock is hot.
If not it will take a lot longer to cook as the stock will need to come to boiling point.
That all gets cooked for another 25-30 minutes.
The final step is to add some grated cheddar cheese and stir well.
And that’s it.
A delicious family meal with none of the faff of a typical risotto recipe!
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy my Baked Butternut Squash Risotto
An easy mushroom risotto recipe baked in the oven. The ultimate comfort food this Winter!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 300g risotto rice
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 80g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes to an oven dish and stir.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and hot veg stock and stir again.
- Bake in the oven for another 25 – 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- When cooked the stock will have been absorbed and the rice will be fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 days in an airtight container.
This risotto can also be frozen. Defrost at room temperature overnight and reheat in the microwave.